Homecoming Organic Farm

Organic Practices

Homecoming Farm stresses organic farming practices that care for the soil that grows the food that nourishes our bodies, the air we breathe and the water that we drink. Growing organic vegetables in our community enables people to connect to Earth in a powerful way, understanding that how we care for the Earth has a direct impact on the quality of life for ourselves and generations to follow. We have been a NOFA NY LLC, certified organic farm for over 15 years.

Emphasizing the merits of local food leads to the understanding of the value of creating and supporting local economies. In addition, growing organically has a direct impact on mitigating climate change by sequestering carbon in the soil, while protecting water and soil from harmful pesticides, fungicides and herbicides.

Through partnerships with organizations in both the for-profit and not-for-profit sectors, we believe we enhance the quality of life for our members as well as others on Long Island while creating Sustainable, Regenerative Communities. We have been supported in these efforts by The Alpern Family Foundation, The NYCB Foundation, The Harry Chapin Foundation, The Sofi Tucker Foundation, Whole Foods, Ernst & Young and other Long Island companies and organizations.

Farm Image with Sophia shed

Delivery to the INN

Working Together

The Sisters of St. Dominic donate the use of their land for Homecoming Farm. Three and a half acres are certified for organic vegetable, flower and herb production. Membership in the farm provides a share in the produce grown and also allows members to participate in the production of food for others including the guests of The INN, The Interfaith Nutrition Network.

Growing food together is a gift…not a chore.

Payment in advance of the season insures that members share in the risk and reward of organic farming while also enabling them to understand firsthand the fluidity of life which can include abundance, perfect growing conditions as well as pests, blight and weather patterns beyond our control. With only 2% of Americans actually producing food for the other 98%, people are increasingly separated from the source of their food and from understanding the vital relationship connecting people, food, soil and health. This understanding of life’s vagaries at the farm spills over into other areas of our life. We learn to be flexible, grateful, patient and open to life’s mysteries.


CSA sign