Why Should You Become a Member of Homecoming Farm?
We are one of the first CSA farms on Long Island.
- We began our CSA in 1997
- We were certified organic by NOFA NY LLC in 2007 and are one of only a few farms that are Certified Organic and sign The Farmer's Pledge.
- That’s a lot of history!
We grow for you and the guests of The INN!
- Our produce is available to our members and the guests of The INN whose membership is supported by our members and the community.
We are growing every year!
- We are currently farming our 23rd season on the land of the Sisters of St. Dominic and have slowly but surely been expanding.
- We are growing with our members' families. We sponsor an amazing variety of events…educational, social as well as fundraisers…there is something for everyone!
You can Feel the Love!
- We farm with care for Earth, the soil and EVERY creature who comes to our farm. That includes the bees, the butterflies, the golden finch and our members.
- Our Insect Sanctuary offers harborage to native bees and other insects who are facing their own struggles in the face of the Great Insect Apocalypse brought on by Climate Change.
- Our Worm Boxes are filled with Red Wigglers and delicious trimmings from members' kitchens, enabling them to create castings filled compost for our flower beds.
- Our farm’s spirit touches yours…put your hands in the soil…plant the seeds and nurture their growth and you feel a sense of purpose and wholeness.
- Some of our members have been with us for over 15 years! Some of our interns have moved on with careers but still stay connected.
It’s So Sweet!
- We nurture our bees and they share their honey! Our beekeepers love our bees and jar our honey with YOU in mind. Taste it and you’ll be hooked!
It’s So Savory!
- Our Garlic Peace Bed, filled with garlic from all over the world...Palestine, Israel, North and South Korea...and more, remind us that growing food and gathering around the table are what make us One Community of Life.
You will love being a part of Homecoming Farm…Scout’s Honor!
- We have mentored over 40 young men on their journey to Eagle Scout. Look around the farm and see our amazing infrastructure built by the Scout community for the entire community.
- We have supported 7 Girl Scouts as they made their way to the rank of Gold Girl Scout. Julie, who put our bee hives in place, was the first Gold Girl Scout in the history of Nassau County to receive the Award of Distinction for her project at Homecoming Farm.
You Will Find a Home at Homecoming Farm.